Prickle
Hola my friend!
Every master was once a beginner, right? Likewise, you can't simply believe everything in this world is easy to conquer. There is an irony of taking up something you believe will bring you comfort and joy, only to discover that it also demands physical endurance, patience, and repeated discomfort. Here are my inner struggles and doubts as I try to teach myself to play a musical instrument.
My shoulder aches,
Every master was once a beginner, right? Likewise, you can't simply believe everything in this world is easy to conquer. There is an irony of taking up something you believe will bring you comfort and joy, only to discover that it also demands physical endurance, patience, and repeated discomfort. Here are my inner struggles and doubts as I try to teach myself to play a musical instrument.
My shoulder aches,
And my arms wriggle
When you prompt me to prickle.
My nerves ache
At the thought of your wake.
My extensions don't give way
To play your time away.
O, the muse of ecstasy,
Where is my cup of tea?
I trusted you with fright;
Maybe I was simply right.
Comments
Post a Comment